PROGRAM SCHEDULE, SOCIAL ACTIVITIES AND FACULTY LIST COMING SOON!
PROGRAM DATES AND LOCATION
The 2019 Program is taking place at the Westin Ottawa, located at 11 Colonel By Drive in downtown Ottawa. The Westin is steps away from shopping, dining, entertainment, arts and culture.
The Program starts Monday, July 8 at 8:45 am and runs through Friday, July 12 until 11:30 am. Advance check-in takes place Sunday, July 7 from 3:30 to 6:30 pm. Please try to schedule your arrival in Ottawa to allow you to check-in in advance and avoid the Monday morning line-ups and possible late admission to the Program. Delegates may check-in for the Program either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning at the Westin. Doors to the main plenary room will open Monday at 7:45 am, and Tuesday through Friday at 8:30 am. Coffee and a breakfast item will be served each morning, and registrants are on their own for lunch.
SAVE 10% ON EARLY-BIRD PRICING!
Register on or before April 5, 2019:
$697.50 + $90.68 (13%) HST = $788.18 for registrants called to the Bar before 2014
$445.50 + $57.92 (13%) HST = $503.42 for registrants called to the Bar 2014 or after
Register after April 5, 2019:
$775 + $100.75 (13%) HST = $875.75 for registrants called to the Bar before 2014
$495 + $64.35 (13%) HST = $559.35 for registrants called to the Bar 2014 or after
The registration fee includes program attendance, program materials (electronic materials only via a password-protected intranet operated by the Federation of Law Societies of Canada via a password protected intranet), daily breakfast item and coffee, and refreshment breaks, Sunday First Time Attendee Reception (for first time attendees, cash bar) and Monday end of day reception (cash bar). Registrants will be emailed their unique access information for the password-protected intranet the week prior to the beginning of the Program, and access will remain active for a two (2) year period, or until July 12, 2021. Access to the intranet will be available at all times during the event, so you can refer to the materials at your convenience, including during the actual sessions. The intranet is designed to be device compatible, so registrants can use a laptop, tablet or smart phone on site to consult the materials.
WANT PRINTED MATERIALS OR MATERIALS ON USB?
Program materials on USB are available at an additional cost of $20 + HST, and printed materials are available at an additional cost of $125 + HST. USB’s and printed materials must be ordered by May 3, 2019. Registrations received after May 3, 2019 will not have the option to add a USB or printed materials. Material selections are final, these cannot be changed on site. USB’s and printed materials will be distributed on site at Program check-in. USB and printed materials will not be provided in advance.
Registration is online only, in advance, by Visa or MasterCard through this website. If you do not have a Visa or MasterCard you can obtain a prepaid card through most major financial institutions. Organizations may register multiple delegates at one time. A valid email is required to register. Confirmations and receipts will be sent by email. No registration will be processed without the required payment in full.
- Canada’s largest criminal law conference
- Nationally recognized faculty of Canada’s finest judges, Crown Prosecutors and Defence Counsel
- Daily plenary and general sessions
- Four concurrent Break-out sessions, including one French language Break-out, on Monday and Thursday afternoon
- Four concurrent sessions, including one small group French language workshop, on Tuesday and Thursday morning
- Password protected intranet so registrants can review and download Program materials in advance, and throughout the conference
- Tuesday and Thursday morning Mentoring Breakfast for registrants with 5 years or less criminal law experience
- Sunday First-Time Attendee Reception (cash bar)
- Monday Opening Reception (cash bar)
- Optional Wednesday social activities (Optional ticketed events, additional charges apply with third party provider)
- Optional Thursday evening Closing Event (Optional ticketed event, additional charges apply with third party provider)
- 10% Early-bird savings for attendees who register on or before April 5, 2019
- Program t-shirts available for sale for $20 plus HST during online registration. There will be no cash sales of program t-shirts on site.
The Federation has arranged a specially-priced conference delegate block at the Westin Ottawa, 11 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa. The rate starts at $209.00/night + taxes & fees, and includes in-room internet. The cut-off date for the group rate is June 7, 2019, subject to availability. Delegates are advised to book accommodations early as the group rate is extremely competitive for Ottawa in July, and all rooms will be reserved on a first come-first serve basis. Please remember to state that you are with the Federation of Law Societies.
11 Colonel By Drive
Hotel phone: 613.560.7000
Reservations: 1.888.627.8528 (please quote group name FLSC – National Criminal Law Program 2019)
Book online: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1543508717755&key=GRP&app=resvlink
WEDNESDAY SIGHT-SEEING ACTIVITIES AND THURSDAY SOCIAL EVENT – Coming soon
Wednesday sight-seeing activities and Thursday evening social events are optional, ticketed events not included in the Program registration fee. Additional payment is required. Please check back for updates.
A number of opportunities exist for relevant service providers to profile their products or services with conference delegates. These include:
- Exhibit Booth
- Welcome Reception Sponsor
- Sunday First-time Attendee Reception Sponsor
- Monday Opening Reception Sponsor
- Thursday Closing Event Sponsor
- Tuesday and Thursday Mentoring Breakfast Sponsor
- WiFi/Internet Sponsor
For more information please contact Program Coordinator Jessica Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-455-0880.
CPD ACCREDITATION (2018 Program)
BC: This program has been approved for 21.75 CPD hours, including 2.5 hours of professional responsibility and ethics, client care & relations, and/or practice management.
SK: This program has been approved for 22.0 CPD hours, 3.0 hours of which qualifies as Ethics.
ON: This program has been approved for 21 hours and 45 minutes of CPD, including 2 hours and 25 minutes of Professionalism content.
QC: This program has been approved for 21.75 CPD hours. The activity number is: 10105760. Certificates of Attendance were issues to Quebec attendees by email. If you did not receive yours, please the program Co-ordinator Jessica Grant at email@example.com.
NB: This program has been approved for 21.0 CPD hours.
Lawyers in all other provinces may count their actual attendance at the program towards their annual CPD requirement/plan.
CPD ACCREDITATION (2019 Program)
The Program will be submitted for accredited in all CPD accrediting provinces. Please check back for updates.
Please contact Program Coordinator Jessica Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org at 416.455.0880.
2020: July 6-10, Victoria, BC
- National Mobility of the Legal Profession
- Model Code of Professional Conduct
- National Discipline Standards
- National Admission Standards
- Canadian Law School Programs
- Access to Legal Services
- Advocacy on behalf of Canada’s Law Societies
- Model Rules to Fight Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- National Family Law Program
- National Criminal Law Program