The National Criminal Law Program. THE conference for criminal law practitioners.
For almost 50 years the NCLP has brought together criminal law practitioners from all areas of the profession. We are known for our top-quality educational content delivered by our faculty of Canada’s finest judges, Crown Prosecutors and Defence Counsel. Join us in 2020 from July 6-10th at the Victoria Conference Centre in beautiful British Columbia.
Join over 700 attendees and take in:
- In-depth, high caliber and stimulating plenary sessions focusing on: Criminal Procedure, Ethics and The Charter (New this year: Simultaneous Interpretation offered during selected plenary sessions)
- Break-out Sessions focusing on Extradition, Garofoli Applications, Charter Applications, Jury Selection after C-75, Regulatory Investigations and more. (Selected sessions offered in French)
- Workshops exploring real-world issues in a
small group, facilitated setting (Offered in French and English)
- Two-part Writing Workshop
- Mentoring Breakfasts for registrants with 5 years or less criminal law experience
- Over 80 up-to-date papers exploring recent developments in Criminal Procedure, Ethics and The Charter
- Approximately 23 hours of substantive content including 3+ hours of accredited Ethics/Professionalism Hours (accreditation with various Law Societies pending)
- Social events including the First-time Attendee Reception, Opening Reception and Closing Dinner (additional cost)
Download the draft program here.
This year’s faculty roster includes some of Canada’s finest judges and top Crown Prosecutors and Defence Counsel. Special Guests this year include the Honourable Justice Len Marchand and The Honourable John Laskin.
Registration for the 2020 National Criminal Law Program can be accessed through our online registration system.
Early Bird (Up to April 3, 2020)
New Lawyer (called to the bar 2015 or after)
Materials – Printed
Materials – USB
(All rates subject to 5% GST and 7% HST.)
Details and Terms
NCLP 2019 Accreditation
Click here for CPD accreditation for NCLP 2019.
July 5 to 9, 2021 – Halifax, NS
Sign up here if you would like to be notified about future programs. By providing your contact information, you are giving Program organizers permission to contact you with Program information as it becomes available.
Julie Begbie, Program Coordinator
- National Mobility of the Legal Profession
- Model Code of Professional Conduct
- National Discipline Standards
- National Admission Standards
- Canadian Law School Programs
- Access to Legal Services
- Advocacy on behalf of Canada’s Law Societies
- Model Rules to Fight Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- National Family Law Program
- National Criminal Law Program
- Federation names new President for 2019-2020 November 15, 2019