You can sign up to receive advance information and registration details for the 2020 National Criminal Program. By providing your contact information, you are giving Program organizers permission to contact you with Program information as it becomes available.
CPD ACCREDITATION FOR NCLP 2019
Applications for CPD hours for the 2019 Program have been made in all accrediting jurisdictions. Current status is as follows:
BC: This program is approved for up to 23.25 CPD hours, including 2 hours and 45 minutes (2.75 hours) of professional responsibility and ethics, client care & relations, and/or practice management hours. Additional professional responsibility and ethics, client care & relations, and/or practice management hours are available for attendance at the following optional sessions:
- G.2 Managing and Assisting Self-Represented Litigants Break-out – This session is approved for 1.0 hour of professional responsibility and ethics, client care & relations, and/or practice management.
- Tuesday Mentoring Breakfast (Focus on Practice Management) – This session is approved for 1.0 hour of professional responsibility and ethics, client care & relations, and/or practice management.
- Thursday Mentoring Breakfast (Focus on Maintaining Professional Relationships) – This session is approved for 1.0 hour professional responsibility and ethics, client care & relations, and/or practice management.
ON: This program is eligible for up to 23.25 substantive hours
Professionalism Content: 1 hour and 15 minutes
EDI Professionalism Content: 2 hours
- Session G.2 Managing and Assisting Self-represented Litigants: 40 minutes Professionalism content
- Session K.2 Persuasive Writing at Trial Seminar: 50 minutes Professionalism content
- Session U.2 Persuasive Writing on Appeals Seminar: 50 minutes Professionalism content
- Mentoring Breakfast: Focus on Professional Relationships: 1 hour Professionalism content
- Mentoring Breakfast: Focus on Practice Management: 1 hour Professionalism content
Substantive Hours: Only Professionalism hours must be accredited by the Law Society. Lawyers and paralegals must determine for themselves whether an activity is an eligible educational activity for CPD and qualifies for Substantive Hours
SK: This program has been approved for up to 22.0 CPD hours, including 5.0 Ethics hours as follows:
- Opening Presentation: Current State of the Criminal Justice System – 1.0 Ethics hour
- G.2 Managing & Assisting Self-represented Litigants – 1.0 Ethics hour (Optional session)
- Tuesday Mentoring Breakfast – 1.0 Ethics hour (Optional session)
- Q. Ask Me Anything about Ethics: A Roundtable Discussion of Difficult Ethical Problems – 1.0 Ethics hour
- T. Guest Lecturer: Indigenous Persons and the Administration of Justice – 0.75 Ethics hours
NB: The event has been approved for 19.5 hours of CPD accreditation.
QC: Communicate directly with the Barreau du Québec to have your attendance accredited. • Telephone: 514.954.3411, ou 1.844.954.3411 • E-mail: email@example.com
Lawyers in all other mandatory CPD jurisdictions may count their actual attendance at this program towards their CPD requirement/plan.
Please check back for updates.
July 6 to 10, 2020 – Victoria, BC
July 5 to 9, 2021 – Halifax, NS
Julie Begbie, Program Coordinator
- National Mobility of the Legal Profession
- Model Code of Professional Conduct
- National Discipline Standards
- National Admission Standards
- Canadian Law School Programs
- Access to Legal Services
- Advocacy on behalf of Canada’s Law Societies
- Model Rules to Fight Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- National Family Law Program
- National Criminal Law Program
- The Federation mourns passing of former President Maurice Piette October 26, 2019