National Criminal Law Program
Substantive Criminal Law, Advocacy, and
the Administration of Justice
July 4 – 8, 2016
(Advance check-in on Sunday, July 3, 2016)
Prince Edward Island Convention Centre, 18 Queen Street, Charlottetown, PEI
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The National Criminal Law Program is Canada’s largest criminal law conference attracting more than 700 practitioners, judges and others in criminal and criminal/regulatory law. Highlights include:
- Nationally recognized faculty of Canada’s finest judges, Crown prosecutors, and defence counsel
- Practice related Program sponsors and exhibitors
- Two volumes of written material, created specifically for the Program
- Mix of presentation styles and learning formats
- Choice of Monday and Thursday break-out sessions, including new advanced-level break-outs on Appellate Advocacy and Advocacy before Juries (designed for participants with significant criminal law experience
- Choice of Tuesday and Thursday workshop sessions, including:
- Tuesday and Thursday English or French small group workshop with discussion of problems and answers (problems distributed during registration)
- Tuesday and Thursday Persuasive Writing workshop with James Raymond
- Tuesday and Thursday Anatomy of a Homicide workshop, led by The Hon. Justice David Watt
- Sunday First Time Attendee Reception (cash bar)
- New in 2016! Optional Tuesday and Thursday mentoring breakfasts for registrants called to the Bar 2011 or after
- Monday Opening Reception (cash bar)
- Optional Thursday social event (not included in Program registration, information coming soon)
- Optional locally organized Wednesday afternoon activities (not included in Program registration, information coming soon)
- Over 20 CPD credits/hours recognized by every province/territory!
PROGRAM DATES AND LOCATION
The Program starts Monday, July 4 at 8:45 am and runs through Friday, July 8 until 11:00 am. Registration and all Program sessions will take place at the Prince Edward Island Convention Centre, 18 Queen Street, Charlottetown, PEI. The entrance to the Convention Centre is at street level on Queen Street, and through the adjoining Delta Prince Edward Hotel. Doors to the Convention Centre will open Monday at 7:45 am, and Tuesday through Friday at 8:15 am. Coffee and breakfast breads will be served each morning, and registrants are on their own for lunch.
ADVANCE CHECK-IN – IMPORTANT – PLEASE CHECK IN SUNDAY
Advance check-in takes place Sunday, July 3 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the Prince Edward Island Convention Centre. Please try to check in during this time to avoid the Monday morning line-ups.
$775 + $108.50 (14%) HST = $883.50 for registrants called to the Bar before 2011
$495 + $69.30 (14%) HST = $564.30 for registrants called to the Bar 2011 or after
Registration fee includes attendance, program materials (hard copy including USB stick or USB stick only based on your selection during registration), daily light breakfast and refreshment breaks, and Monday end of day reception (cash bar). Attendees must make their own travel and accommodations arrangements (see below for Program hotel blocks).
ACCOMMODATIONS & TRAVEL
Attendees are responsible for making their own travel and accommodations arrangements. The original Program block at the Delta is sold out. The Federation has arranged the following additional limited hotel blocks with special Program room rates. We are expecting to sell out quickly in all locations so early reservations are strongly recommended.
- The Great George Hotel ($219 – $259 + taxes, etc.) www.thegreatgeorge.com / Tel. 902.892.0606
- The Holman Grand Hotel ($199 – $234 + taxes, etc.) www.theholmangrandhotel.com / Tel. 902.367.7777
- The Rodd Charlottetown ($185 + taxes, etc.) www.roddvacations.com/ Tel. 800.565.RODD
CPD credits/hours for the following accrediting provinces will be updated as we receive approvals/accreditation:
- BC: Pending
- SK: Pending
- ON: Pending
- QC: Pending
- NB: Pending
Attendees from all other mandatory CPD jurisdictions may count their actual attendance hours at the Program towards their annual CPD requirements or plan.
Please contact Jessica Grant, Program Coordinator, 110 Eglinton Avenue West, Suite 303, Toronto, Ontario M4R 1A3, Tel: (647)352.8733, Fax: (647) 352.8533, Email: email@example.com.
- 2017: July 10-14, Vancouver, BC