The National Family Law Program was first offered in 1978, and takes place in a different location in Canada every second summer.
Planning for the 2018 National Family Law Program is already underway.
The program will be held Monday, July 9 to Thursday, July 12, 2018, with the Opening Reception taking place on Sunday, July 8, 2018. The conference office will also be open as of July 8.
JW Marriott parq Vancouver (Opening fall 2017)
39 Smithe St.
Visit this page at a later date for ongoing program and registration updates.
CALL FOR PAPERS FOR 2018 PROGRAM
We are inviting submissions of proposals for Papers/Presentations under the following guidelines:
- Summary of topic(s), format of presentation, possible co presenters and estimated time for presentation or workshop.
- Presentations and written material must include a national perspective.
- Your agreement to participate in other presentations as workshop leader or panelist if needed.
- Please include a copy of your curriculum vitae and co presenter’s as well with your submission.
- Your agreement to provide an original written paper on the topic(s), short bio for each presenter and summary of the topic to include in conference handbook by May 15, 2018.
Note: Presenters will receive a contribution toward travel and accommodation expenses.
Your written submission must be received no later than May 30, 2017
Please submit your National Family Law proposal by email or mail to Heather Walker (contact details are at the bottom of the page).
Due to the volume submissions please identify the proposal as a Submission for the 2018 National Family Law Program and, note that on the re: line of the e-mail.
Please continue to refer to this page for program updates.
2016 National Family Law Program Details
The 2016 Schedule of Events is here. All program material was provided to registrants in digital format, and online. The material is available on a password protected intranet for a period of two (2) years after the closing date of the program.
2018 CLE Accreditation
The final program schedule will be submitted for accreditation in all jurisdictions. Please consult your law society website for reporting procedures and required credits.
Inquiries about the National Family Law Program:
Federation of Law Societies of Canada
National Family Law Program
Attention: Heather Walker, Program Coordinator
P.O. Box 244,
Canada K0M 2T0